Friday, November 2, 2007

I Bet You Think This Blog is About You.

Have you ever been haunted by ghosts of the living? They sneak in and swarm and tumble about your feet as you try to move forward and through. And when you're doing well, there is something about their presence that lingers to see if you'll give in.

I think: Not this time. The ghosts will last for two minutes. And they'll spin my thoughts, no denying, but I'll grow wiser these days. I won't be affected by the hauntings for hours, days and sometimes *gulp* longer like I used to. Not now. No sir. I refuse to allow myself to become consumed by it. By these ghosts of Dawn's past. Nope. I'll be trekking happily along writing, singing, playing outside. (I may be 28 but that doesn't stop me from running around roaring with laughter.)

Who am I kidding?

While it's great to roam alone, and while it's grand to find out more about me as I go, I'm learning more and more about my self. I'm learning that I am a passionate person that doesn't let go easily (if at all.) I've been catapulted into a place where only being real resides. Truth. Honesty. A place where nothing else is tolerated.

And I know there's nothing wrong with this place, this purgatory, but sometimes it can cripple me. It has a habit of stunting my growth with relations with men. And sometimes women.

So I've tried to step on the transparent fingers of these ghosts to fend them off. I actually kicked an aggressive one in the gut, so I'm sure I won't be seeing it for a while. And though I'm sure they'll be swirling around my ankles trying to pull me in again, at least I know it won't be for some time.

1 comment:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

I love this post. You write so well! I think that the ghosts and goblins of the past are part of moving forward and learning yourself as well as possible. Sounds like you deal with them very healthfully!

xo,

Karen Beth :)
zazazu.wordpress.com