Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Inspiration

So this afternoon a friend told me that the actor, Heath Ledger, died. He was 28. I froze when hearing the news. I had met Heath several years back when working in the television and film industry. Talk about a talented actor with massive amounts of creative juices flowing throughout his body. But now there’s no more of that. His legacy will live on in his existing creative work.

As sad as his death is, I have to take this time to honor his life. The role he played in Brokeback Mountain broke through sexual barriers. I celebrate him and walk away from the sad news with a hopeful message, live your creative life now, for now is all we’ve got.

Something to think about: Alanis Morissette’s song, “I Was Hoping,” contains a lyric that has stuck with me since 1998, “…if I realized how great I was five minutes before I died, I’d be filled with such regret…” Marinate in that for a little bit.

Now consider this: If your hourglass sat before you on the kitchen table, what would you do with the precious time you have left? Make a quick list of 6 things you’d do without stopping and/or pausing. Select one and go do it…the sand is starting to pile up at the bottom of your hourglass.
-Dawn.

No comments: