Monday, January 28, 2008

Would U Marry U?

I saw this question on the back of a self-help book in Barnes & Noble the other day and the question has not left my mind since. Not 100% sure why, but it's definitely a question that struck a chord. Maybe it's because I think alot more people need to ask themselves this important Q.

"Would I marry me?" I thought. Well, let's make a list of reasons why I should take my vows in the mirror:

1. I'm funny. Sarcasm, me being at the butt of my own jokes, the goofy gestures, dorky facial expressions and dances that show I don't take myself too seriously all of the time warrant for a good partner.

2. I'm ambitious. With Master's Degrees and certifications in my chosen field, I think it's safe to say that although I may not be wrapped to tightly, my head is screwed on straight.

3. I love to travel. I have started a travel trend for myself where I pick up and go with friends AND alone. I thoroughly enjoy both. I am an adventure seeker and an explorer. My job allows oodles of time for this...Bonus!

4. I'm very much into hygiene. Enough said.

5. I support myself.

6. I love children and enjoy their company and want to make room for my own nuclear family one day.

7. Insane loyalty is my specialty.

8. This should be number one. I have HOBBIES that I must incorporate into my life. I'd love to invite someone into that world every once in a while, and I'd love to "hobby swap" for a day too. (See, flexibility. I'm in love already!)

9. I'm NOT clingy. (Thank God!)

10. I AM REAL. What you SEE is what you GET. I'm honest with my emotions. If I love something, I celebrate it, if I'm upset, I share that too (even if it takes a few minutes). You'll never have to guess with me.

So, back to the question, "Would I marry me?"

The answer: "I do."

1 comment:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

I love this post... so poignant and thought provoking. Would I marry me? Right now... no. Most certainly not. That is sad to say, but I wouldn't. I need to get to a point where I could say most certainly yes but I don't know how to get there. Maybe I will find my way soon.

Thanks for making me think about this today.

You ROCK!

xo,

Karen Beth :)